Advisory Board Members
Here at the Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence we have an Advisory Board to provide advice on strategy and governance to ensure the Centre continues to be relevant to franchise sector needs.
The key functions of the Board are:
- to review and provide input into key strategies;
- to provide guidance on the growth of the Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence;
- to provide guidance on appropriate practice on relevant activities.
Our Board has also been instrumental in providing introductions to help build our relationships throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Centre Advisory Board Members
- Dr Michael Schaper, Deputy Chair, ACCC - Chair
- Professor David Grant, Pro Vice Chancellor, Griffith Business School
- Brett Roveda, Multi-Unit Franchisee, Gloria Jean's Coffees
- Sandy Carrington, Director, Fitness and Dance Australia
- Albert Kong, CEO, Asiawide Franchise Consultants
- Joshua Bannister, Real Estate Manager (NSW/ACT), McDonald's Australia
- Michael Sherlock, former CEO, Brumby's Bakeries
- David Jordan, General Manager, Palm Oasis Ventures for Baskin-Robbins Australia
Former Board Members have included:
- Former Vietnam Franchisor of the Year, Griffith Business School Alumnus of the Year and Pho24 franchisor Dr Ly Qui Trung,
- The Coffee Club (then) CEO Rod Wakefield,
- Langano Business Strategists Managing Director Joe Barnewell,
- McDonald’s VP of Franchising Joanne Taylor; and
- Griffith Enterprise Director Nicholas Mathiou.
- Professor Michael Powell, (prev. Pro Vice Chancellor, Griffith Business School).
Advisory Board Expressions of interest
Expressions of interest are invited for our Advisory Board. The Board meets twice a year and is an honorary position, however travel costs to attend meetings will be covered.
For further information contact The Centre's General and Business Manager, Ms Kerry Miles via email or phone 07 3382 1125.