Franchise Conflict Research
The Asia-Pacific Centre for Franchising Excellence has conducted franchise research into franchise conflict to develop a better understanding of why it occurs in franchising and identify ways to minimise conflict.
Latest franchise conflict-related research
- Preparation for Franchising Report - Research findings into the effectiveness of pre-entry franchise education for franchisees. Research funded by the Department of Innovation, Industry, Science, Research and Tertiary Education.
- Towards Conflict Resolution Report - Sponsored by the Australian Research Council and the Australian Competition and Competition and Consumer Commission. Download the Report (PDF 1.8MB) OR read a summary of the research results.
Franchise Conflict research reports
- Weaven, Scott & Frazer, Lorelle & Giddings, Jeff & Grace, Anthony 2010, 'New perspectives on the causes of franchising conflict in Australia', Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, vol 22, no 2, pp. 135-155.
- Giddings, Jeff & Frazer, Lorelle & Weaven, Scott & Grace, Anthony 2009, 'Understanding the dynamics of conflict withing business franchise systems', Australian Dispute Resolution Journal, February, vol 20, no 24, pp.24-32.
- Frazer, Lorelle & Giddings, Jeff & Weaven, Scott & Grace, Anthony 2009, Towards Conflict Resolution Australian Survey 2009, Griffith University.
- Frazer, Lorelle & Giddings, Jeff & Weaven, Scott & Wright, Owen 2007, Searching for Answers: the cause and resolution of conflict in franchising, International Society of Franchising Conference.
- Frazer, Lorelle & Merrilees, Bill & Wright, Owen 2007, 'Power and control in the franchise network: an investigation of ex-franchisees and brand piracy', Journal of Marketing Management, vol 23, no 9-10, pp.1037-1054.
- Frazer, Lorelle & Merrilees, Bill & Wright, Owen 2005, Brand piracy by franchisees, Australia & New Zealand Marketing Academy Conference.
- Frazer, Lorelle & Winzar, Hume 2005, 'Exits & Expectations: Why disappointed franchisees leave', Journal of Business Research, vol 58, pp. 1534-1542.
- Frazer, Lorelle 2001, 'Causes of disruption to franchise operations', Journal of Business Research, vol 54, pp.227-234.